- Creating an awareness of the guidelines amongst industry participants, especially on the provisions which are time-bound
- Developing a compliance and enforcement framework for the guidelines on Nigerian content development, including the issuance of incidental and further guidelines to give effect to the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in ICT.
- Ensuring that all existing government circulars, directives and memos on Nigerian Content development are considered in developing the compliance framework.
- Monitoring companies to ensure compliance with the Nigerian content guidelines and provisions.
- Investigation of errant firms to determine culpability and seriousness of offence
- Enforcement of guidelines and instituting penalties for errant organizations.
- Generating demand and consumer adoption of Nigerian products
- Driving innovation and encouraging local production
- Providing access to fund for indigenous manufacturers, innovators and developers
- Ensuring product quality and service delivery
Research and Statistics Function
- Conducting baseline and regular research on matters relating to the different subsectors of the Nigerian Content in ICT for purposes of planning and measurement
- Maintaining and updating annual statistics on progress made in each subsector of Nigerian Content development as inputs into the reports to the Director-General of NITDA and the Honorable Minister of Communication Technology
Promotion and Advocacy
- Creating awareness for Nigerian content products
- Helping with strategic positioning of Nigerian firms
- Promotion of local businesses/investments
- Encouraging the use of local resources: human and material
- Discouraging imports and encouraging exports
- Managing review process for the Nigerian Content Development Guidelines in ICT