Guidelines for Network & Internet Services
13.1 Networking companies shall:
- Register their products, capabilities and organizations on the NITDA portal. The service will be provided free of charge and devoid of bureaucracy and will ensure NITDA awareness of available resources.
- Provide evidence of the origin, source, paths and workings of network and Internet tools and services being used by the government, including adequate access to ascertain the full security of communications being sent through such platforms.
- Maintain security and audit protocols for all services being rendered which involve citizen’s data, data on corporations and MDAs.
- Support and effect the rights of authors, including mandating cooperation of hosting companies, internet service providers (ISPs) and other intermediaries to take down materials that infringe copyrights, trademark or other forms of intellectual property
- Provide the rights to consumers to delete their personal information, data and other records on any service on which they are subscribed
- Establish programs that increase awareness of consumer rights and appropriate expectations from content creators among the general public.
- Hold and maintain ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certification
13.2 MDAs shall:
- Host their websites and other web services mandatorily on the.gov.ng domain as the only approved domain.
- Migrate their internet peering provisions to locally available services within 18 months
- Mandatorily source network and Internet services for which there are local capacity to setup up, maintain, monitor, optimize and access from local service providers with capacity to deploy such.
- Ensure that all routes of network traffic between communication points is known and monitored routinely
- Show evidence of awareness of the workings and full security of all communications being sent through their systems, including the maintenance of security and audit protocols.
13.3 NITDA shall
1. Develop guidelines and propose incentives to encourage the adoption of domain names on the . ng domain by the other public and private institutions and by individuals